AICR’S 25TH research conference starts on Monday, and we are in the midst of final preparations. I am looking forward to welcoming everyone at our opening session. We have a packed program across three days, with a wealth of information.
Here are some highlights you don’t want to miss, whether joining the conference virtually or in person.
1. Presentations from experts in their field. The topics cover a wide range, from the microbiome to exercise during cancer treatment. We’ll be sending out highlights on our blog so – if you haven’t already – sign up for this blog to get the news.
2. Almost 150 posters on display over two evenings. Meet the researchers and see their work Monday and Tuesday evening. For those who can’t join, we’ll be highlighting several of the scientists and their studies on Facebook at 5:15pm on Monday.
3. Delicious and healthful meals that follow the AICR Recommendations for Cancer Prevention. We have worked with the chef to provide tasty and satisfying food. If you want to taste one of our favorites at home, Alice highlighted flaxseed muffins yesterday. Enjoy!
4. Fun stuff! We have a photo booth and one of our conference chairs, Dr. Anne McTiernan will be signing her new book during Tuesday lunchtime; watch for tweets and posts of highlights from the last 25 years of cancer prevention research – and a look into the future for the next 25 years! Look for all on twitter #AICR16.
5. Connecting with colleagues. It’s an intimate crowd and a great space to meet old friends and make new ones. For those looking in, get social electronically, #AICR16.
Everyone in the AICR office is excited. We are always gratified by the passion of the scientists and health professionals working in this area – it helps us remember the importance and urgency of our mission.