On a hot summer day, one of my favorite ways to cool off is with a refreshing treat. If you make it yourself from scratch, you can use whole fruits and other fresh ingredients for a naturally sweet treat without all the added sugar and fat found in desserts like an ice cream bar.
Recipes made with fruits like mango, strawberries and watermelon are also filled with cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Here are recipes for three of my favorites:
Mango Strawberry Ice Pops
These only take about 15 minutes to make, but you’ll want to make them the night before so they can freeze fully.
- 2 mangoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, washed with tops removed
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave
- Splash of orange juice (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (optional)
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced into small pieces
Mix first four ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into popsicle mold and drop Continue reading